By Emily Fleischaker, Bon Appetit
It's an unbreakable pattern: Every night 10pm swings around and I crave something sweet. I'm trying to reverse the tolls of holiday indulgence, like everyone else it seems, so I removed all temptations from my pantry. But since the latke- and cookie-filled days of December, I'm tortured by cravings. And when I do succumb, a few cupcakes here and there go down much too easily.
Here are some ideas from our recipe archives:
1. Cranberry and Vanilla Bean Sorbet (pictured upper left corner)
Here's a clean, bright dessert that makes a great finish to any meal and can be prepared days ahead. Plus, who knew that mellow vanilla would go so beautifully with tangy cranberries?
2. Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Banana Bites
These banana bites make a fun snack or end to a meal, and each one contains just 78 calories. Not bad!
3. Citrus Salad with Ginger Yogurt
This colorful fruit salad is topped with delicious Greek yogurt and crystallized ginger.
4. Whole Wheat S'more Cookies (pictured upper right corner)
Whole wheat flour gives these clever cookie S'mores a graham-cracker flavor.
5. Slow-Baked Honeycrisp Apples (pictured lower left corner)
These baked apples are best served slightly warm, but they are also great served cold for breakfast. To make a healthy version of this recipe, top them with Greek yogurt.
6. Sliced Strawberries with Grand Marnier Zabaglione
In this elegant dessert, warm Grand Marnier-spiked custard is spooned over fresh strawberries just before serving.
7. No-Cholesterol Brownies
These chocolaty brownies are the perfect way to indulge on a low-cholesterol diet.
8. Raspberry-Lemon Souffles
This healthy and easy low-fat treat satisfies a dessert craving without the guilt.
9. Asian Pear and Grapefruit Salad with Sake Granita and Pear Sorbet (pictured lower right corner)
An exotic fruit salad that comes complete with its own ice cream pairing
10. Spiced Fresh Orange and Honey Sorbet
This refreshing, subtly flavored sorbet, is perfect after a spicy meal.